Indian Islamic scholar (1935–2022)
Early existence and training
Jalaluddin Umri was born in 1935 in a village referred to as Puttagram, District of North Arcot, Tamil Nadu, British India. He was a graduate of Jamia Darussalam, Oomerabad, Tamil Nadu. He acquired a master’s diploma in Islamic Research from Jamia Darussalam. He also acquired a bachelor’s diploma in English literature from Aligarh Muslim College.
Affiliation with Jamaat-e-Islami Hind
Jalaluddin Umri started his affiliation with Jamaat-e-Islami Hind for the duration of his scholar a long time. Following finishing his experiments, he committed himself to its analysis section. He formally grew to become its member in 1956. He served as the town Ameer of Jama’at of Aligarh for a 10 years, and the editor of its month to month Zindagi-e-Nau for 5 a long time. Later on, the Jama’at elected him to its All-India deputy Ameer, which he served for 4 consecutive conditions (sixteen a long time). In 2007, the Jama’at’s Central Council of Reps elected him its Ameer (Main). He was once more re-elected as Jama’at’s Ameer in 2011.
In March 2019, Republic Television set information channel experienced to concern an unconditional apology to Jalaluddin Umri for wrongly carrying his picture for the duration of their broadcast of the information. This Television set channel later on declared that it experienced taken down its video clip similar to Jalaluddin Umri from YouTube.
Tutorial Pursuits and Chosen operates
Jalaluddin Umri was broadly-regarded as, amid the Islamic circles of India, an authority on human legal rights and Muslim spouse and children process.
Jalaluddin Umri experienced prepared lots of publications in Urdu language, later on translated in several languages:
- Maroof wa Munkar
- Islam ki Dawat
- Musalman Aurat ke Huquuq aur Un par aeterazaat ka Jaiza (Legal rights of Muslim Ladies – A Critique of the Objections)
- SeHat-o-marz aur Islam ki Taleemat
- Islam Guys khidmat-e-khalq ka Tasawwur (Social Support in Islam)
- Inabat Ilallah”
- Sabeele Rab
- Islam Aur Manav Adhikkar
- Condition of Our Local community and Country and Our Tasks
Individual existence and loss of life
Jalaluddin Umri died at a non-public healthcare facility in Delhi on 26 August 2022, at the age of 87.
- Bhat, Ali Mohd. Lawful standing of India in Islam an analytical examine of strategies of Indo Pak Ulama in present day situations (PDF). Shodhganga. p. 101.
- Umri, Syed Jalaluddin Umri, Jalal Uddin (2008). “Financial Job of Ladies: The Islamic Method”. Coverage Views. five (one): 115–126. JSTOR 42909191.
- Jalaluddin Umri re-elected Ameer-e-Jamaat Archived one March 2020 at the Wayback Equipment TwoCircles.internet web page, Posted five April 2015, Retrieved 29 February 2020
- “Maulana Jalaluddin Umri re-elected main of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind (JIH)”. The Milli Gazette (newspaper). nine May perhaps 2011. Archived from the initial on 27 March 2018. Retrieved 29 February 2020.
- “Maulana Jalaluddin Umri Elected For Fourth Time period As Amir, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind (JIH)”. IndToday.com web page. Archived from the initial on eleven April 2015. Retrieved 29 February 2020.
- Mohammed Anas. “hardline jamaat may perhaps start very own bash”. The Sunday Guardian. Archived from the initial on thirteen Oct 2018. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- Narendra Subramanian (nine April 2014). Country and Loved ones: Individual Legislation, Cultural Pluralism, and Gendered Citizenship in India. p. 359. ISBN 9780804790901. Archived from the initial on 28 August 2022. Retrieved five March 2020.
- Pavan (fifteen December 2015). “How can a single go to paradise by killing some others: Jamaat main”. Moments of India-India Moments. Archived from the initial on five March 2020. Retrieved five March 2020.
- Republic Television set problems ‘unconditional apology’ to JIH Main Maulana Jalaluddin Umri Archived 29 February 2020 at the Wayback Equipment Muslim Mirror web page, Posted five March 2019, Retrieved 29 February 2020
- Quamar Ashraf (two September 2018). “Muslim bodies cautiously welcome Legislation Commission’s stand on UCC”. The Statesman (newspaper). Archived from the initial on one March 2020. Retrieved 29 February 2020.
- Teli, Ghulam Nabi. Jamia atul falah in its historic and academic point of view (PDF). p. 238. Archived (PDF) from the initial on 28 August 2022. Retrieved five March 2020.
- Amathur Rahman. Textual content and Context of Quran from Feminist Standpoint (PDF). Karnataka Condition Womens College. Archived (PDF) from the initial on 28 August 2022. Retrieved five March 2020.
- ലേഖകൻ, മാധ്യമം (26 August 2022). “ജമാഅത്തെ ഇസ്ലാമി മുൻ അഖിലേന്ത്യ അമീർ മൗലാന ജലാലുദ്ദീൻ ഉമരി അന്തരിച്ചു”. Madhyamam (in Malayalam). Archived from the initial on 27 August 2022. Retrieved 27 August 2022.